Universal Studios | 2019 | 119 min | Rated R
Directed by Sam Mendes
|STEELBOOK RELEASE DATE|
|March 24, 2020|
|Best Buy USA|
|4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital|
|4K Blu-ray: Region free|
2K Blu-ray: Region A
In 1917 at the height of the First World War, two young British soldiers, Schofield (MacKay) and Blake (Chapman) are given a seemingly impossible mission. In a race against time, they must cross enemy territory and deliver a message that will stop a deadly attack on hundreds of soldiers—Blake’s own brother among them. 1917 comes to Digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM and DVD with bonus content showcasing the incredible craft and artistry behind the immersive feature, including a detailed look into the production design, how the film engineered a one shot, 360-degree format and interviews with the cast and crew.
Special Features and Technical Specs
- DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- DOLBY ATMOS TRACK
- The Weight of the World: Sam Mendes – Academy Award® winner Sam Mendes discusses his personal connection to World War 1.
- Allied Forces: Making 1917 – Learn how the one shot, 360-degree format was executed and the pivotal role Academy Award® winner Roger Deakins served in bringing Sam Mendes’ vision to life.
- The Music of 1917 – Composer Thomas Newman and filmmakers discuss the important role of the Academy Award®-nominated score.
- In The Trenches – Go behind the scenes with the cast of 1917.
- Recreating History – Filmmakers offer a detailed look at the production design challenges of recreating the First World War.
- Feature Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Sam Mendes
- Feature Commentary with Director of Photography Roger Deakins.
- Optional English, French Canadian, Latin American Spanish subtitles for the main feature