THE LION KING
Disney / Buena Vista | 2019 | 118 min | Rated PG
Directed by Jon Favreau
4K SB: $34.99
4K EX: $34.99
Disney’s The Lion King, directed by Jon Favreau, journeys to the African savanna, where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his. The all-star cast includes Donald Glover as Simba, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala, James Earl Jones as Mufasa, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa and Billy Eichner as Timon. Disney’s The Lion King utilizes pioneering filmmaking techniques to bring treasured characters to life in a whole new way.
- Perfecting the Pride – Join the filmmakers on their research trip to Africa as they immerse themselves in the real world of “The Lion King.” From the animals in the pride, to the smallest of insects and the grasslands in the savanna, experience the attention to detail that brought the film to life.
- The Journey to “The Lion King” –
- The Music – Go inside the studio with the cast and crew as they work to honor and elevate The Lion King’s beloved music.
- The Magic – Discover how the filmmakers blended the traditional filmmaking techniques with virtual reality technology to create amazing movie magic.
- The Timeless Tale – Filmmakers and cast reflect on the story that has moved generations and share how this Lion King carries a proud legacy forward.
- More to Be Scene – Recording studio and layer-by-layer progressions of some of most iconic moments in “The Lion King.”
- “Circle of Life” – Peel back the layers of effects and go behind the scenes of this iconic musical moment from the film
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” – See all the effects, talent and fun that went into creating this vibrant version of “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” for the movie
- “Hakuna Matata” – Join Donald Glover (Simba), Seth Rogen (Pumbaa) and Billy Eichner (Timon) in the studio for the making of this memorable scene.
- Music Videos
- “Never Too Late” (lyric video) by Elton John
- “Spirit” performed by Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
- Filmmaker Introduction
- Audio Commentary – By Director Jon Favreau.
- Song Selection
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
- “Never Too Late”
- Digital Exclusive – Pride Lands Pedia —Dung beetle shares the importance of his “roll” in the African Savanna in a fun, bug’s eye view of the land and its inhabitants.
BEST BUY STEELBOOK EXCLUSIVE
NOS4A2: SEASON ONE
RLJ Entertainment | 2019 | Season 1 | 600 min
In NOS4A2, Vic McQueen (Ashleigh Cummings) is a gifted young woman who discovers she has a supernatural ability to find lost things. Charlie Manx (Zachary Quinto) is a supernatural villain who feeds off the souls of children and then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland — a twisted place of Manx’s imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Vic strives to defeat Manx and rescue his victims — without losing her mind or falling victim to him herself.
- A Look at the Series
- Meet the Characters
- Becoming Charlie Manx
- The Making of NOS4A2
- Adapting the Book
- The Rules of NOS4A2
- Joe Hill on the Themes and Inspirations of NOS4A2
- Joe Hill’s Show and Tell
WHEN WE WERE KINGS
Criterion | 1996 | 96 min | Rated PG
Directed by Leon Gast
In 1974, Leon Gast traveled to Africa to film Zaïre 74, a music festival planned to accompany an unprecedented sports spectacle: the Rumble in the Jungle, in which late-career underdog Muhammad Ali would contend with the younger powerhouse George Foreman for the boxing heavyweight championship title—“a fight between two blacks in a black nation, organized by blacks,” as a Kinshasa billboard put it. When the main event was delayed, extending Ali’s stay in Africa, Gast wound up amassing a treasure trove of footage, observing the wildly charismatic athlete training for one of the toughest bouts of his career while basking in his role as black America’s proud ambassador to postcolonial Africa. Two decades in the making, When We Were Kings features interviews with Norman Mailer and George Plimpton that illustrate the sensational impact of the fight, rounding out an Academy Award–winning portrait of Ali that captures his charm, grace, and defiance.
- New, restored 4K digital transfer, with 5.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Soul Power, a 2008 documentary about the Zaïre 74 music festival directed by Jeffrey Kusama-Hinte
- New interview with producer David Sonenberg
- Interview from 1997 with director Leon Gast
- PLUS: An essay by critic Kelefa Sanneh
New cover featuring a photograph by Howard L. Bingham, designed by F. Ron Miller
HIGHLIGHT RELEASES OF THE WEEK
ANGEL OF MINE
Lionsgate Films | 2019 | 98 min | Rated R
Directed by Kim Farrant
Noomi Rapace (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) stars as a woman on the edge in this intense psychological thriller. Having suffered a tragic loss years earlier, Lizzie (Rapace) is trying to rebuild her life when she suddenly becomes obsessed with a neighbor’s daughter, believing the girl to be her own child. As Lizzie’s shocking, threatening acts grow increasingly dangerous, they lead to an explosive confrontation with the girl’s angry, defensive mother (Yvonne Strahovski, “The Handmaid’s Tale”).
- Cast and Crew Interviews
- “Making of Angel of Mine” Featurette
Universal Studios | 2018 | 97 min | Rated R
Directed By Henry Jacobson
Evan (Seann William Scott) values family above all else, and anyone who gets between him, his wife, and newborn son learns that the hard way. But when it comes to violent tendencies, it seems the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
RLJ Entertainment | 2019 | 88 min | Unrated
Directed By Chelsea Stardust
In SATANIC PANIC, Sam’s (Griffith) first day as a pizza delivery driver is not going according to plan. At the end of a long day and not enough tips, her last delivery turns out to be for a group of Satanists looking for someone to sacrifice. Now in a fight for her life, Sam must fend off witches, evil spells and demonic creatures, all while trying to keep her body – and soul – intact. Starring Hayley Griffith (“The Loudest Voice”), Ruby Modine (Happy Death Day franchise), Jerry O’Connell (“Billions”) and Rebecca Romijn (X-Men franchise).
- The Making of “Satanic Panic”
- Sam & Judi
- Girl Power
Lionsgate Films | 2019 | 88 min | Rated R
Directed By Richard Bates Jr.
After being dumped by both her boss and her boyfriend, Olive (Amanda Crew) flees the city for the weekend and rents an ornate country house from an old-fashioned widower named Harvey (Robert Patrick). She’s hoping for a few days of peace but what she gets is a weekend of sheer terror, as Olive awakens Harvey’s darkest urges – and is plunged into a blood-soaked fight for her life.
- “The Struggle Is Real: Making Tone-Deaf” Featurette
- Optional English SDH and Spanish subtitles
TV BOX SETS
VERONICA MARS: SEASON FOUR
(AKA: VERONICA MARS (2019): SEASON ONE)
Warner Bros. | 2019 | 411 min | Rated TV-14
- Angels of Death: The Complete Series (2018)
- Brave Witches: The Complete Series (2016-2017)
- Cartoon Network: Bakugan Battle Planet – Origin of Species
- Charmed: Season Two (1999-2000)
- Delicious: Series One (2016-2017)
- Delicious: Series Two (2017-2018)
- Delicious: Series Three (2018-2019)
- Double Decker! Doug & Kirill: The Complete Series + OVAs (2018)
- Hogan’s Heroes: Season Four
- Hundred: The Complete Series (2016)
- Legacies: Season One
- Shetland: Season Five
- Veronica Mars: Season Four (2019)
- Worldend: The Complete Series (2017)
4K ULTRA HD & STEELBOOK RELEASES
007: THE DANIEL CRAIG COLLECTION
(CASINO ROYALE / QUANTUM OF SOLACE / SKYFALL / SPECTRE)
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer | 2006-2015 | 4 Movies, 5 Cuts | 541 min | Rated PG-13
Directed By Sam Mendes, Martin Campbell, & Marc Forster
Casino Royale (2006)
Casino Royale introduces James Bond (Daniel Craig) before he holds his license to kill. But Bond is no less dangerous, and with two professional assassinations in quick succession, he is elevated to “00” status. “M” (Judi Dench), head of the British Secret Service, sends the newly promoted 007 on his first mission that takes him to Madagascar, the Bahamas and eventually leads him to Montenegro to face Le Chiffre, a ruthless terrorist financier, in a high stakes poker game at the Casino Royale. “M” places Bond under the watchful eye of the Treasury official Vesper Lynd (Eva Green). At first skeptical of what value Vesper can provide, Bond’s interest in her deepens as they brave danger together, and even at the hands of Le Chiffre. The marathon poker game proceeds with dirty tricks and violence, raising the stakes beyond blood money and reaching a terrifying climax.
Quantum of Solace (2008)
Following the death of Vesper Lynd, James Bond (Daniel Craig) makes his next mission personal. The hunt for those who blackmailed his lover leads him to ruthless businessman Dominic Greene (Mathieu Amalric), a key player in the organization which coerced Vesper. Bond learns that Greene is plotting to gain total control of a vital natural resource, and he must navigate a minefield of danger and treachery to foil the plan.
When James Bond’s (Daniel Craig) latest assignment goes terribly wrong, it leads to a calamitous turn of events: Undercover agents around the world are exposed, and MI6 is attacked, forcing M (Judi Dench) to relocate the agency. With MI6 now compromised inside and out, M turns to the one man she can trust: Bond. Aided only by a field agent (Naomie Harris), Bond takes to the shadows and follows a trail to Silva (Javier Bardem), a man from M’s past who wants to settle an old score.
A cryptic message from the past leads James Bond (Daniel Craig) to Mexico City and Rome, where he meets the beautiful widow (Monica Bellucci) of an infamous criminal. After infiltrating a secret meeting, 007 uncovers the existence of the sinister organization SPECTRE. Needing the help of the daughter of an old nemesis, he embarks on a mission to find her. As Bond ventures toward the heart of SPECTRE, he discovers a chilling connection between himself and the enemy (Christoph Waltz) he seeks.
CASINO ROYALE SPECIAL FEATURES
- Commentary featuring the Crew
SKYFALL SPECIAL FEATURES
- Commentary by Director Sam Mendes
- Commentary by Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli and Production Designer Dennis Gassner
- English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (English DTS-HD MA 7.1 for Spectre)
- English Descriptive Audio 5.1 (not available for Casino Royale)
- Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
- French DTS 5.1
- Subtitles: English SDH (regular English, not SDH, for Casino Royale), Spanish, French
Sony Pictures | 2000 | 98 min | Rated PG-13
Directed By McG
4K SB: $24.99
Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu star as the captivating crime-fighting trio who are masters of disguise, espionage and martial arts. When a devious mastermind embroils them in a plot to destroy individual privacy, the Angels, aided by their loyal sidekick Bosley (Bill Murray), set out to bring down the bad guys. But when a terrible secret is revealed, it makes the Angels targets for assassination.
- ALL-NEW: Sneak peek at the new 2019 Charlie’s Angels film with an extended clip from the film
- Theatrical Trailer
Special Features on Blu-ray:
- Commentary with Director McG and Cinematographer Russell Carpenter
- Six Featurettes
- Deleted Scenes
- Music Videos
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK
WONDER WOMAN: BLOODLINES
Warner Bros. | 2019 | 83 min | Rated PG-13
Directed By Brian De Palma
4K EX: $29.99
BR SB: $19.99
In “Wonder Woman: Bloodlines,” Amazon princess Diana of Themyscira chooses to save fighter pilot Steve Trevor and return him to his home in America – setting in motion one of Wonder Woman’s most captivating chapters. Fulfilling the role of both ambassador as well as protector, Diana soon earns the name Wonder Woman from the gracious people of Earth. Equally strong in body, heart and will, she makes it her mission to help a troubled young girl enlisted by a deadly organization known as Villainy, Inc., whose criminal members have their sights set on invading Themyscira, Diana’s paradise home. Prepare for a thrilling quest packed with brutal battles, mysterious mythology and endless wonder!
- DC Showcase: Death (Animated Short) – Inspired by Neil Gaiman’s “The Sandman,” Death is produced & directed by Sam Liu (Justice League vs. The Fatal Five) and written by J.M. DeMatteis (Batman: Bad Blood). In the story, Vincent, an artist with unresolved inner demons, meets a mysterious girl who helps him come to terms with his creative legacy … and eventual death. Leonard Nam (Westworld) provides the voice of Vincent, and Jamie Chung (The Gifted, Big Hero 6) is the voice of Death. The voice cast includes Darin De Paul, Keith Szarabajka and Kari Wahlgren.
- The Cheetah: Ferocious Archenemy (New Featurette) – Ferocious. Clever. Deadly. It’s the thrill of the hunt and the prey is Wonder Woman. This is the story of The Cheetah, Diana’s greatest enemy.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Superman: Red Son – An advanced look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION GIFT-SET
TARGET EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK
& OTHER RELEASES
- Billy Bathgate (1991)
- Black Mother (2018)
- Bless Their Little Hearts (1983)
- Blue (2018)
- The Chambermaid (2018)
- Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003)
- Christmas at the Palace
- Covergirl (1984)
- Crimson Peak (2015) (Arrow Video)
- Dauntless: The Battle of Midway (2019)
- David Crosby: Remember My Name (2019)
- The Dead Center (2019)
- Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (1973)
- The Eagle (1925)
- Fang (2018)
- The Fighting Preacher (2019)
- A Gingerbread Romance
- Gluck: Orphee Et Eurydice
- Honeyland (2019)
- Ip Man Wing Chun
- Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon? Arrow of the Onion (2019)
- Johnny Guitar Watson in Concert (1993)
- Karl Jenkins: The Armed Man A Mass For Peace
- Kase-san and Morning Glories (2017)
- The Killer of Dolls (1975)
- A Man for All Seasons (1966)
- Masterpiece: Press
- Netizens (2018)
- Octav (2017)
- The Other Story
- Parasite 3D (1982)
- The Passing Parade (2019)
- The Phantasm Sphere Collection
- Phobia (1980)
- The Return of Martin Guerre (1982)
- Reunion: A Live Concert
- The Sentence (2018)
- Shakespeare: The Globe Collection
- Shakespeare: The Merry Wives of Windsor
- She’s Just a Shadow (2019)
- Sisters Of The Wilderness (2018)
- Sprinter (2018)
- Strange But True (2019)
- Talking Walls (1987)
- Tamango (1958)
- The Things We Keep
- Third World: Music Hall in Concert (1993)
- Trilogy of Terror II (1996)
- VeggieTales: The Best Christmas Gift
- Viewer Direction Advised (2018)
- Woman Chasing the Butterfly of Death (1978)
- WWE: Clash of Champions (2019)
- Zoltan: Hound of Dracula (1977)