ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP
Sony Pictures | 2019 | 99 min | Rated R
Directed by Ruben Fleischer
4K SB: $32.99
A decade after Zombieland became a hit film and a cult classic, the lead cast (Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin, and Emma Stone) have reunited with director Ruben Fleischer (Venom) and the original writers Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick (Deadpool) for Zombieland 2: Double Tap. In the sequel, written by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick and Dave Callaham, through comic mayhem that stretches from the White House and through the heartland, these four slayers must face off against the many new kinds of zombies that have evolved since the first movie, as well as some new human survivors. But most of all, they have to face the growing pains of their own snarky, makeshift family.
- Extended Bloopers & Outtakes
- Alternate & Extended Scenes
- “The Beast is Gone”: Tragedy falls upon Tallahassee.
- “Van Rides”: A vehicle says a lot about a person.
- “Would of Never Met”: Wichita and Columbus discuss what their lives would have been like if not for the zombie apocalypse.
- “In Bed”: Tallahassee’s still got it!
- “Breakfast at Babylon”: Cruelty-free breakfast and conversation.
- “Car Ride”: Road trips were made for family bonding.
- “Melting Gun”: Tallahassee says goodbye to another friend.
- “There’s a Party Tonight”: I don’t want to hang out with a bunch of hippies.
- “Alternate Proposal”: Love is the perfect mix of cool and uncool.
- “The Doppelgangers”: From stunts to special effects, this in-depth piece breaks down doppelgangers Flagstaff and Albuquerque and comes complete with interviews, demonstrations, and multiple cameras to snag all the action in their wild scenes.
- “The Rides of Zombieland”: From the Beast to Big Fat Death (and a hated Pontiac Trans Sport in between) this short focuses on the rides that get our main characters around Z-land.
- “Rules of Making a Zombie Film”: It takes a lot of rules and a lot of people to make a zombie film!
- “Making Babylon”: Explore the climactic third act location in the film known in Zombieland as Babylon. Part fortress, part freshman dormitory, Babylon is the safe-place for a generation of misguided peace-loving retro-hippies.
- “New Blood”: Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch, and Avan Jogia join our zombie-slaying cast.
- “Single Take Doppelganger Fight”: Ruben Fleischer shares the camera monitor during the Doppelganger fight sequence.
- Commentary with Director Ruben Fleischer
- “Zombieland Ad Council”
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK
THE MINDY PROJECT: THE COMPLETE SERIES
Mill Creek Entertainment | 2012-2017 | 6 Seasons | 2614 min | Rated TV-14
Dr. Mindy Lahiri (Kaling) is a talented obstetrician navigating the tricky waters of her chaotic personal life as she pursues her dreams of becoming the perfect woman, finding happiness and getting her perfect romantic comedy ending. Mindy shares a practice with three doctors, none of whom makes life any easier for her. There’s Dr. Danny Castellano (Chris Messina) whose on-again-off-again romance with Mindy keeps the office staff on their toes, Dr. Jeremy Reed (Ed Weeks), the office’s managing partner and resident punching bag, and Dr. Peter Prentice (Adam Palley), a high-fiving former frat boy, who knows nothing about the opposite sex, but insists on doling out relationship advice to Mindy. Rounding out the ensemble is ex-con-turned-nurse Morgan Tookers (Ike Barinholtz), the gossipy Tamra (Xosha Roquemore) and the grumpy Beverly (Beth Grant).
Now all 117 episodes across all 6 seasons are available on DVD for the first time in a single complete series collection!
LE PETIT SOLDAT
Criterion | 1963 | 88 min | Not Rated
Directed by Jean-Luc Godard
Before his convention-shattering debut, Breathless, had even premiered, Jean-Luc Godard leapt into the making of his second feature, a thriller that would tackle the most controversial subject in France: the use of torture in the Algerian War. Despite his lack of political convictions, photojournalist Bruno Forestier (Michel Subor) is roped into a paramilitary group waging a shadow war in Geneva against the Algerian independence movement. Anna Karina (in her first collaboration with Godard, whose camera is visibly besotted with her) is beguiling as the mysterious woman with whom Forestier becomes infatuated. Banned for two and a half years by French censors for its depiction of brutal tactics on the part of the French government and the Algerian fighters alike, Le petit soldat finds the young Godard already retooling cinema as a vehicle for existential inquiry, political argument, and ephemeral portraiture—in other words, as a medium for delivering “truth twenty-four times per second.”
- High-definition digital restoration, approved by cinematographer Raoul Coutard, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Interview with director Jean-Luc Godard from 1965
- Interview with actor Michel Subor from 1963
- Audio interview with Godard from 1961
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: An essay by critic Nicholas Elliott
New cover by F. Ron Miller
HIGHLIGHT RELEASES OF THE WEEK
THE ADDAMS FAMILY
Universal Studios | 2019 | 87 min | Rated PG
Directed by Conrad Vernon & Greg Tiernan
The very first full-length animated film about the eccentric and unconventional family, The Addams Family on Blu-ray showcase sthe wonderfully weird world of the Addams family with a variety of exclusive bonus features not seen in theaters including deleted and extended scenes, an interactive charades game with Thing, behind-the-scenes footage, music lyric videos and more! Filled with wildly funny moments and a fresh take on the beloved characters created by Charles Addams, The Addams Family celebrates the uniqueness of every family and delivers spooky fun all year long.
- NEW Deleted and Extended Scenes
- NEW Welcome to the Family – In this combined Making of/Character Profiles, we hear from the filmmakers and stars of The Addams Family about how the film came about, the animation process and insight into the characters.
- NEW Life of a Scene – From black & white storyboards and layouts to animation and lighting, follow along with filmmakers as they bring to life a scene from the movie.
- NEW Charades with Thing – There’s nothing quite like a game of Charades with your friends. But what happens when the person giving the clues isn’t exactly a person? What if he’s just… a hand? On talent day, stars of the film are invited to play Charades with Thing. Talent goes head-to-head, competing to see who can guess Thing’s clues. Graphics reveal the answers and keep score for each player.
- Addams Family Throwback
- “Haunted Heart” Lyric Video – performed by Christina Aguilera
- “My Family” Lyric Video – performed by Migos, Karol G, Rock Mafia & Snoop Dogg
BLACK AND BLUE
Sony Pictures | 2019 | 108 min | Rated R
Directed By Deon Taylor
Black and Blue is a fast-paced action-thriller about a rookie cop (Academy Award nominee Naomie Harris) who inadvertently captures the murder of a young drug dealer on her body cam. After realizing that the murder was committed by corrupt cops, she teams up with the one person from her community who is willing to help her (Tyrese Gibson) as she tries to escape the criminals out for revenge and the police who are desperate to destroy the incriminating footage.
- Deleted Scenes
- Line of Fire: Director Deon Taylor discusses his vision for the film, how it implements body cameras and what sets it apart from other police-lead thrillers
- Be the Change in the Big Easy: Naomie Harris and Tyrese Gibson discuss their roles, filming in New Orleans and the poser of unspoken words
JAY AND SILENT BOB REBOOT
Lionsgate Films | 2019 | 105 min | Rated R
Directed By Kevin Smith
The stoner icons who first hit the screen 25 years ago in Clerks are back, bringing high times and hilarity in the newest star-studded adventure from Kevin Smith’s legendary franchise. When Jay and Silent Bob discover that Hollywood is rebooting an old movie based on them, it’s game on, as the clueless duo embark on another cross-country mission to stop the madness all over again! With all-star cameos from Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Chris Hemsworth, Rosario Dawson, Melissa Benoist, Joe Manganiello, Molly Shannon, and more, this is the kickass comedy reboot you’ve been waiting for.
- Cast Interviews
- Kevin & Jay Interview Cast & Crew
- Hair Reel
- Optional English SDH and Spanish subtitles for the main feature
PAIN AND GLORY
Sony Pictures | 2019 | 113 min | Rated R
Directed By Pedro Almodóvar
PAIN AND GLORY tells of a series of re-encounters experienced by Salvador Mallo (Antonio Banderas), a film director in his physical decline. Some of them in the flesh, others remembered: his childhood in the 60s, when he emigrated with his parents to a village in Valencia in search of prosperity, the first desire, his first adult love in the Madrid of the 80s, the pain of the breakup of that love while it was still alive and intense, writing as the only therapy to forget the unforgettable, the early discovery of cinema, and the void, the infinite void that creates the incapacity to keep on making films.
- Q&A with Director Pedro Almodóvar & Antonio Banderas – Antonio Banderas, Director Pedro Almodóvar, Composer Alberto Iglesias, and Producer Agustín Almodóvar discuss the creative process and genesis of PAIN AND GLORY.
- Pedro Almodóvar: In His Own Words – Pedro Almodóvar on La Movida Madrileña, his visual style, early inspirations, and his lengthy collaborations with Antonio Banderas and Penélope Cruz.
TV BOX SETS
BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS – SET FOUR
Warner Bros. | 2017 | Season 1 | Rated TV-14
Directed by Noriyuki Abe
ADDITIONAL TV BOX SETS
- The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set Four (2017)
- D-Frag!: The Complete Series (2014)
- Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper: Season Three
- Matlock: The Complete Series
- The Morose Mononokean II: Season Two (2016)
- Style Queens: Episode 1 – Kate Middleton (2018)
- Style Queens: Episode 2 – The Kardashians (2018)
4K ULTRA HD & STEELBOOK RELEASES
Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls: The Complete Collection
Sentai Filmworks | 2015 | Season 1 | 350 min | Rated TV-MA
Directed by Jon Favreau
BR SB: $61.10
BR SB: $79.99
BR SB: $79.99
No one expected the government to suddenly acknowledge the existence of demi-human species like harpies and centaurs, but when a careless Integration Agent shows up on Kimihito Kurusu’s doorstep with an attractive Lamia in tow, he suddenly finds himself designated as a “Host Family”. This might not be so bad, except that while Miia’s top half is all girl and quickly develops a crush on her new human host, her snakelike bottom half makes that crush literal with a tendency to squeeze the life out of him! Plus, there’s also the little problem that it’s illegal for humans and non-humans to have THOSE kinds of relationships.
With woman-in-black Agent Smith always sniffing about for improprieties, things only get more hectic in the Kurusu household when bird-brained Papi the harpy and master-seeking centaur Centorea need places to roost and stable. As the house gets crowded with even more captivating cuties, can any human male survive under such tempestuous and tempting conditions?
- Music Videos
- Japanese TV Spots & Promos
- Almost Every Day! Shorts
- Clean Opening Animation
- Clean Closing Animation
& OTHER RELEASES
- 2nd Date Sex (2019)
- Age Out (2019)Alice & Zoroku: The Complete Collection (2017)
- An Almost Ordinary Summer
- American Pie Presents: Band Camp (2005)
- Anthropecene (2015)
- Anthropecene: The Human Epoch (2019)
- Avatars of the Astral Worlds
- Back to Natural
- Bad CGI Sharks (2019)
- Benjamin: Written on Skin – Lessons in Love & Violence
- Berenstain Bears: Tales from the Tree House Volume 2
- Bernie: Man on a Mission
- Bird Brained: The Amazing Bird Adventure! (2020)
- Bluebird (2019)
- Bugged 3
- Church & State
- Cimarron (1960
- Countdown (2019)
- The Courier (2019)
- The David Susskind Archives: Interview With Nikita Khrushchev
- The David Susskind Archives: Truman Capote Tells All
- Dead Man’s Cards
- Dragonfly (2002)
- Dragonheart: A New Beginning (2000)
- El Bruto (1952)
- El Esqueleto de la Señora Morales (The Skeleton of Mrs. Morales) (1960)
- Ever After
- The Freedom to Marry (2016)
- The Freshmen (2018)
- Gautama Buddha: Evidence of EnlightenmentGordon of Ghost City (1933)Gregory’s Girl (1981)
- The Habit Of Beauty
- High-Ballin’ (1978)
- The House By the Cemetery (1981)
- Idlewild (2006)
- In Search of the Last Action Heroes (2020)
- Interwoven (2016)
- I See You (2019)
- Kitten With a Whip (1964)
- The Knight Of Shadows: Between Yin and Yang (2019)
- Kung Fu: Battle of the Zodiac (2019)
- Learning to Breathe
- Lobster War: The Fight Over The World’s Richest Fishing Grounds (2020)
- The Longer I Serve Him
- Losing The Way (2018)
- Lost Dogs
- Magic Boys Dvd
- Melrose (2020)
- The Merger (2018)
- Miss Snake Charmer (2020)
- Mobutu’s African Movie Theater: Episode 2
- Mobutu’s African Movie Theater: Episode 3
- Mobutu’s African Movie Theater: Episode 4
- Mommy & Mommy 2: Double Feature (1995-1997) (25th Anniversary)
- Moving Parts (2017)
- Mrs. Lowry & Son (2019)
- Museo (2018)
- The Mysterious Mr. M (1946)
- Nation’s Fire
- No Game, No Life / No Game, No Life: Zero
- No Sin Unpunished
- NOVA: Rise of the Mammals
- The Phantom Creeps (1939)
- Semi-Tough (1977)
- Shimmer & Shine: Splash Into Zahramay Oceanea!
- Sliding Doors (1998)
- Sprinter (2018)
- Stem Cells: The Secret To Immortality (2019)
- Strange Events 3 (2020)
- Summer Days with Coo (2007)
- SuperHell: The Johny Walker Collection
- Tobruk (1967)
- Toys and Pets
- Tre Maison Dasan (2018)
- True Justice: Bryan Stevenson’s Fight for Equality (2019)
- Trump: The First Term
- Ulzana’s Raid (1972)
- Una Familia de Tantas (A Family Like Many Others) (1948)
- Verdi: Rigoletto / From Bregenz Festival
- Vivaldi & Bosso: Within the Golden Hour
- Wacky Weasels
- The War Lord (1965)
- The Watchman’s Canoe (2017)
- You: A Love Story (2009)